Fri Oct 30 2020
- Virtual Worship Gathering homework this week for developing your role in a New Vision practice of gracious leadership: Reflect on Jesus’ teachings and New Vision’s context and respond to the question, “Why are we being called to be an intercultural church?” Make a few notes and have them nearby Sunday for when we create braver space for each other through mutual invitation to share our responses.
- You can see the slide deck that I used for Breaking Open the Word last Sunday here.
- After our worship gathering this Sunday we are meeting as the New Vision Threshold Partners. The meeting is being convened as a check-in/temperature taking on how we all are doing in this time, and to advance the development of our relational currency through building on our plans for intercultural and intersectional consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities and their creatives and activists.
- We’ll take a five minute break after the worship gathering on Sunday for you to serve yourself lunch when we start the meeting up. Hope you’ll prepare your lunch in advance. Here’s what you will be invited to respond to through mutual invitation during the meeting: consider your own social location – how you experience privilege and marginalization in your life.
- New Vision folks without access to Zoom will be attending our Zoom worship gathering and Threshold Partner meeting on Nov 1 in person at 24 Main W. for the first time since the beginning of the pandemic emergency! We’ll observe all the best practices for hygiene, screening, and sanitation.
- We will be celebrating communion this Sunday, so have some type of bread and wine food and beverage nearby to participate.
- The Resting and Hygiene Centre requests donations of winter hats and gloves for guests. Also, winter coats and boots are needed. Helen Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) can pick up from people’s homes if that helps.
- A New Vision Virtual Lectio Divina prayer group is gathering weekly on Thursdays at 4 pm for an hour. You can join it by following this link. All are welcome.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is:?https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you on Sunday – again, or for the first time!