New Vision Notes Thur July 16 2020
- We have secured more funding for the Resting and Hygiene Centre: it will continue to operate throughout the summer. Guests now frequently number 50 or more. Christ Church Cathedral is ending their resting centre July 20 and St. Pat’s will only have theirs open on weekdays. We are offering this resting centre outreach 7 days a week – some of us who were here before New Vision began remember we dreamed of a new church offering outreach 7 days a week.
- Home baking individually wrapped is being highly appreciated by the guests! Please keep it coming!
- For updates on New Vision plans in the Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
- New Vision will be gathering for worship on Sundays on Zoom throughout the summer and into the fall. We will keep in place our phone network to keep in touch with those who are not able to join us virtually on Sundays. Here is our worship leadership schedule into September:
Sunday July 19 2020 Rev Ian Sloan
Sunday July 26 2020 Rev Ian Sloan
Sunday August 2 2020 Rev Ian Sloan
Sunday August 9 2020 Worship Team
Sunday August 16 2020 Affirming Team
Sunday August 23 2020 “Field Trip” Sunday
Sunday August 30 2020 Foodgrains Sunday
Sunday September 6 2020 Rev. Lynn Godfrey
Sunday September 13 2020 Erin Poole
- Our Sunday morning presentation desktop became inoperable due to a virus. We discovered this on Sunday morning. I am really proud of everyone who stepped up to make our gathering work last Sunday. Many thanks. We have rectified the problem and we’ll be ready for this Sunday.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.”
Hope to see you on Sunday ~ again, or for the first time.