- For updates on New Vision plans in the Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/
- We are looking for donated electronic devices that can be used by participants in New Vision congregate-setting virtual worship. We imagine people without access to devices and/or the internet coming to 24 Main W on Sundays for 10:30 am and being given a device that allows them to get onto the internet and into our Zoom virtual worship gathering using our church wifi signal. Old mobile phones or laptops with wifi connectivity are what we are looking for. If you have any used ones around that you are not using suitable for this and are willing either to donate or lend to New Vision, please contact George MacCuish at email@example.com.
- Zoom has delayed the introduction of mandatory passcodes or waiting rooms until the end of September that I was mentioning in the Notes last week. At some point our plan is to use the waiting room feature rather than issue passcodes, and to treat the waiting room as a place in which someone welcomes you to the gathering. If you arrive a little earlier than 10:30 on the dot it will make it easier for the “ushers” to greet you and admit you. When you get in the microphones will be unmuted. You can also use the chat box to talk privately with others before the gathering commences. We will let you know.
- New Vision will be gathering for worship on Sundays on Zoom throughout the summer. We will keep in place our phone network to keep in touch with those who are not able to join us on the internet. Here is our worship leadership schedule into September:
DATEWORSHIP LEADERSHIPSunday July 12 2020Rev Ian SloanSunday July 19 2020Rev Ian SloanSunday July 26 2020Rev Ian SloanSunday August 2 2020Rev Ian SloanSunday August 9 2020Worship TeamSunday August 16 2020Affirming TeamSunday August 23 2020″Field Trip” SundaySunday August 30 2020Foodgrains SundaySunday September 6 2020Rev. Lynn GodfreySunday September 13 2020Erin Poole
- We have secured more funding for the Resting and Hygiene Centre: it will continue to operate throughout the summer. Usually there are at least 30 guests per evening, which sometimes grows to 50 or more. Home baking individually wrapped is being highly appreciated by the guests! Please keep it coming!
- The next concert in the Music Hall Do Well by Hamilton Live Stream Concert Series takes place tomorrow evening, Thursday July 9 at 8 pm. The artist is country blues singer/songwriter Jeremie Albino. For more on Jeremie, follow this link http://jeremiealbino.com/. You can stream the concert from this link: https://www.facebook.com/musichallhamont/?ref=bookmarks
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.”
Hope to see you on Sunday ~ again, or for the first time.