- New Vision is now beginning to look at our goals for our recovery as Phase 2 in the Province’s recovery from the social and economic shut down takes hold in Hamilton. One thing that we notice is that the recovery time could be an extended time of learning what can be done or not done to contend with the novel coronavirus. Only as the world comes to some new stability around it can we begin to think about a period of return and know what full activity might look like in a return.
- Our intention is to enter into long term development as beloved community as early as is practical in the return period. This intention will inform our decisions and actions through the recovery period we are now entering.
- Church Council has struck a team to lead us in this. Team New Vision is Helen, Dixon, George and Ian. Feel free to reach out to them or to Council Chair Bob Marentette with any concerns or comments or questions.
- They will be informing you of the steps we are being invited to take by means of the New Vision Notes, the New Vision website and our Virtual Worship Gatherings.
- This past Sunday the Threshold Partners met in a Zoom meeting after the worship gathering. They voted to make my ministry with New Vision a call. This is church language for permanent rather than contract-to-contract ministry. The Regional Council has approved this change of terms in our relationship. As soon as is practical we will have a celebratory worship gathering to recognize this development.
- Tomorrow evening from 6 to 7:30 pm, you can watch “Hamilton Mutual Aid” streamed live. COVID-19 has illuminated many ways that racism, colonization, capitalism, ableism, as forms of violence intersect to harm people and communities, yet it has also opened a window to imagine and create communities where we collectively care for each other. To join, get your FREE ticket online: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hamilton-mutual-aid-webinar-tickets-107735166784?ref=estw.
- New Vision’s sixth anniversary worship gathering takes place this Sunday June 21. Our guest speakers will be coordinators and physician consultant of our Resting and Hygiene Centre for People Sleeping Rough. The New Vision Choir and Music Leader Martine have collaborated with others in the New Vision faith community on a special musical presentation. We will be recognizing the Indigenous Day of Prayer.
- Home baking individually wrapped is being highly appreciated by the guests at the Resting and Hygiene Centre! Keep it coming!
- The first concert in The Music Hall at New Vision’s Virtual Concert Series takes place tomorrow evening as well, and will be streamed live on the Music Hall Facebook Page. Please follow this link to learn more about DJ Shub of A Tribe Called Red, grandfather of the Pow Wow Step. You can also watch a DJ Shub music video, Black Snakes, here.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.”
Hope to see you Sunday ~