Thursday November 3rd, 2022
While Rev. Ian is on vacation and sabbatical leave, here is what’s going on at New Vision:
- This coming Sunday is Remembrance Sunday. We look forward to celebrating communion with Rev. Diane, Rev. Miriam and other wonderful friends from our church community.
- Don’t forget to turn your clocks back one hour this Sunday, as Daylight Savings begins!
- During Rev. Ian’s vacation and study/sabbatical leave, pastoral care will be available through members of our Pastoral Care Team by contacting Albert Jagt or Erin Poole.
- Check out The Mad and Crip Theology Podcast! This podcast is hosted by Amy Panton and our own Miriam Spies, the Editors of the Canadian Journal of Theology, Mental Health and Disability. Join us as we sit down to chat with theologians, artists, activists, and members of the mad/disabled community who are doing important work in Canada and around the world! This podcast is an opportunity to model how faith communities can engage in theological and spiritual conversations around madness and cripness. Click here to enjoy the podcast! (For those who need/prefer closed captioning, it is also available on iTunes, Spotify, and YouTube)
- If you love uplifting music, be sure to catch À La Mode Choir (featuring our very own Martine) in concert on Saturday November 12th at 7pm, with gospel trio ‘EmBoddiement’ and a live band! These amazing humans will surely raise your spirits with their musical gifts! The concert will take place at Church of the Ascension (64 Forest Ave) and tickets are already going fast! For more info or tickets, please see Martine after the service or click here.
- Loreena McKennitt will be gracing the newly renovated stage at The Music Hall on Friday December 9th, as she tours her new album “Under A Winter’s Moon”. Here’s a link to learn more: https://www.underawintersmoon.com/
- The Music Hall social enterprise project is moving ahead now with an invitation to the Hamilton community and its leaders to pick up the music venue project with us. For more information, have a look at this page on our website.
- Olive Oil and Zatoun (Mediterranean Thyme/Herb Mix) is still available for purchase from the church office for $25.
- Do you have a favourite worship song that lifts you up and makes your spirit soar? We invite you to email your worship song requests to David at email@example.com We will let you know if your song is picked and you’ll get a shout-out in the credits at the end of the service.
- VON is looking for volunteer drivers and servers to deliver hot and frozen meals to seniors or individuals with disabilities in our community. To find out more, please call 905-522-1022
- With a very contagious new COVID sub-variant spreading in Hamilton, we encourage you to get the fourth vaccination now available to all adults. We will continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a meter for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask. (Masking will allow ourselves to sing together safely, reducing the distance of the large number of air particles we expel when singing).
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- Rev. Ian’s sabbatical leave will end January 8, 2023 and we look forward to his return to our worship space on Sunday January 15, 2023.
See you on Sunday!