Fri Mar 24 2023
- Thanks to everyone who made PIE Day such a success. Lots of great suggestions for living our Affirming ministry and life.
- New Vision will hold a Maundy Thursday service and Tenebrae on Thursday April 6 at 6 pm in the Southwest Lounge. This will be an agape meal and footwashing service followed by the Service of the Shadows, a recollection of all the events of the passion of Jesus from the Mount of Olives to his burial.
- We will not be holding a Good Friday service this year.
- Delta United Church (another Affirming ministry in Hamilton) is holding its first rummage sale since 2019 on April Fool’s Day.
- A Church Council team continues to work on arranging a congregational consultation on adjustments to make to our mission and ministry. If Threshold Partners could hold Saturday April 29 and Saturday May 13 open those organizing the event would much appreciate it. They are aiming for an event on one of those two Saturdays. They have now ruled out April 22nd.
- Our Called to be the Church stewardship campaign will take place over a fortnight in the latter part of April (April 16-30). Plan to attend and stay after worship on Sunday April 23 for the campaign lunch – a thanks around the table for everything and everyone at New Vision.
- We continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
I look forward to seeing you Sunday again, or for the first time –