Thurs Apr 6 2023
- New Vision will hold a Maundy Thursday service and Tenebrae this evening, Thursday April 6 at 6 pm in the Southwest Lounge (in the former youth centre). This will be an agape meal and footwashing service followed by the Service of the Shadows, a recollection of all the events of the passion of Jesus from the Mount of Olives to his burial.
- We will not be holding a Good Friday service this year.
- Our Church Council team has now firmed up a congregational consultation on adjustments to make to our mission and ministry for Saturday April 29 in the morning concluding with a provided lunch and donation basket for the meal. Our consultant lead for the event is The Very Reverend Richard Bott, minister, consultant and past moderator of The United Church of Canada. It would be helpful for planning purposes if you could respond to Helen Bradley with your plan to attend the consultation or not.
- Our Called to be the Church stewardship campaign will take place over a fortnight in the latter part of April (April 16-30). Plan to attend and stay after worship on Sunday April 23 for the Called to be the Church lunch – a thanks around the table for everything and everyone at New Vision. Please RSVP for the April 23 lunch here.
- Our generosity is our grateful response to God’s vast generosity in our own lives. God’s generosity inspires us to participate in God’s mission in the world. As disciples of Jesus, this is how we make a positive difference as individuals and families—in our own community through the mission of our congregation, and across our country and around the globe through the Mission & Service of The United Church of Canada.
- One of our Called to be the Church campaign objectives is to have five New Vision participants share a “why I give” story – either in writing or as a presentation at one of these three services. If you are any of able, willing or ready to share a “why I give” story, the team would be very happy to hear from you. You can do so by connecting with George MacCuish.
- We continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
I look forward to seeing you this evening, or see you Easter morning!