Thu June 30 2022
- Happy Canada Day Eve! May there be fireworks.
- New Vision covenanted with Horseshoe Falls Regional Council this past Sunday, and together the two covenanted with me. Definitely a delayed gratification — our 6 years of appointments beginning in 2014 were converted into a call in 2020 and all of us decided to wait until an in-person gathering could be held to celebrate. The day arrived.
- Symbols exchanged: from New Vision to Horseshoe Falls — a Pride flag and the vinyl “Do Well by Hamilton” album fundraiser for The Music Hall at New Vision. From Horseshoe Falls to New Vision (not pictured): towel and basin, cup and plate, water pitcher. From New Vision to Rev. Ian: a level, a lightbulb, and a crystal of many facets and many refractions of light. From Rev. Ian to New Vision: sticks, and stones, and a commitment to healing uses of words.
- A correction to last week’s New Vision Note about the covenanting: Marilyn Parson who represented the Regional Council this past Sunday belongs to Port Nelson United Church.
- Volunteers! Pride Reunited! Let me know if you’d like to sign up to be a part of one of the two-person shifts personning a booth New Vision is sharing this year with other Affirming United Churches at Pride Reunited July 8th and 9th, Hamilton Convention Centre. There are still times available on both Friday and Saturday. Our group this year includes Delta United, St. Andrew’s United, and Barton-Stone United-Mount Hope.
- The pandemic-begun Gore Park Outreach Program is taking this Saturday morning off to give volunteers something of a breather.
- Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –