hurs Apr 13 2023
- Christ is risen!
- Christ is risen indeed!
- Our Called to be the Church stewardship campaign begins this Sunday through to Sunday April 30. Wonderful Easter season activity!
- After worship on Sunday April 23 we will have a provided Called to be the Church lunch – a thanks around the table for everything and everyone at New Vision and some insight into the impact we make as a faith community. Plan to attend and please RSVP for the lunch here.
- Another not-to-be-missed date: Put on your calendar the congregational in-person consultation on adjustments to make to our mission and ministry for Saturday April 29 in the morning concluding with a provided lunch and donation basket for the meal. We will meet in the Lower Hall.
- Our consultant lead for the consultation is The Very Reverend Richard Bott, minister, consultant and past moderator of The United Church of Canada.
- It would be helpful for planning purposes if you could respond to Helen Bradley with your plan to attend the consultation or not. Click here to email Helen. The planning team will have more to share in the upcoming weeks.
- We continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
I look forward to seeing you Sunday again, or for the first time –