Fri Apr 30 2021
- Happy Easter!
- Christ is risen.
- Tomorrow brings May flowers, but the cherry blossoms have come, and will be gone in a few days from now. We are celebrating Asian Heritage Month for the whole month of May. What a poetic place to begin from – within this grove of cherry trees gifted to the City of Hamilton and planted in a park in Dundas by alumnae of Toyo Eiwa Jogakuin in Tokyo. With their gift they have honoured and celebrate all the Canadian women teachers who taught at their school – the school that Centenary’s Martha Cartmell began in 1881.
- The Pastoral Care Committee is offering a worship gathering of lament on Tuesday, May 11th at 8 pm for the New Vision community. We have suffered a lot since the beginning of the pandemic emergency, and we have seen much suffering. This will be a space for us to draw God into controversy with us over our grief. The Zoom link for the gathering: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84971560584?pwd=SzNvWEw3bmU0ZlZ6TmEyMmlIN0IzZz09
- Saturday Night at the Movies this month will take place on Saturday May 15. Watch this space for the start time and zoom gathering to watch together. The movie has been chosen by a group of our Asian heritage folks. It is Minari — the story of a Korean family that started a farm in 1980s Arkansas. It was nominated in this year’s Academy Awards for 6 Oscars including best picture, and won the Oscar for best supporting actress.
- All of Ontario, including Hamilton, continues in pandemic lock-down. I am sad to say this means that New Vision folks without access to Zoom will have to wait for a while more to participate in person at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. I know those gathering on Zoom keenly miss those who have been gathering in person. I am looking forward to the day we can meet again in person, and I am sad that this is the second Easter we will not be able to gather in person as a Christian faith community.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~