Friday Dec 10 2021
- Advent! And then Christmas! This Sunday is our third of four Advent Sundays: purging the old and bringing in the new. This Sunday brings us to Joy.
- Helping each other out is part of our joy. Wesley Urban Ministries is foregoing its Christmas store again this year in favour of Christmas hampers. New Vision’s donation drive helps with Wesley’s Christmas wish list. You can find Wesley’s list here. We will set out our Wesley donation box at 24 Main W this Sunday. You can make a donation in cash anytime online.
- Our annual Service of Remembrance and Hope will take place this coming Tuesday, December 14 at 7 pm. Like all our worship gatherings now, it will be hybrid – in-person and on Zoom. Here is the Zoom link. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89910290349. Our Service of Remembrance and Hope is a meaningful part of our Advent practice – especially, but not only, for us remembering our losses in the last year. Everyone can benefit.
- Church Calendars for 2022 are now available as a fundraiser for New Vision. Please order yours from Arlene Whatmough at 905-527-0383, and she will make arrangements for delivery. $10. each and a nice gift to give.
- New Vision’s Annual Christmas Appeal has begun. If you would like to receive Church Council Chair Dixon Challoner’s Christmas letter and learn more about this year’s New Vision appeal, let me know here and I will have it sent to you.
- We will hold our Christmas Eve service this year in a hybrid in-person and online way at 7 pm.
- We are worshipping in a hybrid way on Sundays — both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually on Zoom each Sunday morning live at 10:30 am. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival. You may be asked if you are double vaccinated but will not be asked for a vaccination passport. If you wish not to answer the question or indicate you have not been vaccinated, you will be invited to accept the use of an N95 mask since it will provide more safety for you and for others attending in person. Entrance will be through the entrance in the middle of the MacNab Street addition. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning: come virtually!
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~