Fri July 16 2021
- Thanks to everyone who stuck around last Sunday for the New Vision town hall respecting how we live New Vision on our Holton campus and its neighbourhood . Your input is being compiled and will be going to New Vision’s Church Council meeting this coming Tuesday. They’ll keep everyone informed and updated on the various pieces at play and be looking for your help in the days, weeks and months ahead.
- This Sunday, July 18th, marks our first Sunday in the Province’s Step 3 easing of pandemic gathering restrictions. We have determined that under the new rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings now. If you feel ready to venture out to join the 10 or so who were able to be together in-person last Sunday, please come join us. We will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including no congregational singing, hand-washing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing and screening questions on arrival.
- Under the Step 3 rules, we are able to hold a social time after the gathering for everyone who is in-person at the worship gathering, since our 25 person capacity for the lower hall is the same limit as the 25 person limit on indoor social gatherings. Again, physical distancing rules will be in effect.
- Entrance will continue to be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, or have yet to get your second vaccination, please consider doing so. Vaccination has clear health benefits for us all as part of the community. It will make attendance at in-person gatherings more safe for all in attendance.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~