Wed June 30 2021
- Good news: we are targeting Sunday July 11th as our first Sunday again with in-person participation in our virtual worship. For guidance on attending in-person worship in Step 2, the City of Toronto has prepared and issued this excellent resource.
- We will have an internal community of faith town hall about our Holton campus redevelopment on Sunday July 11th following our worship gathering. It will be modeled on the community engagement town halls held Thursday, June 10. We will have an opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions. Our development partner has updated the Holton campus website with results from the town halls.
- The opportunity for United Church re-engagement and new engagement with the neighbourhood around our Holton campus is being presented to us by our development partner UPRC and community feedback from the June 10 townhalls.
- We marked Indigenous Day of Prayer in our worship this past Sunday. Some have asked for a copy of the prayer that Cater prayed, “Memorial Prayer for Children of This Land.” You can find it here.
- Tomorrow, July 1, marks the Confederation of Canada. We are invited as people of faith to reflect on what Confederation means to us. It is an occasion to recognize that Indigenous Peoples are the original peoples—and the founding peoples—of Canada, and that today, many cultures make up the fabric of the Canadian identity.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~