Fri Feb 11 2022
- Tomorrow evening, Friday, Feb 18, 8:30pm ET: Queer Virtue, consider partaking of an evening with Rev. Liz Edman . A special one-night-only event where affirming connections will chat with Rev. Liz Edman, activist, agitator, priest, and author of the book “Queer Virtue.” She will give us some key insights on what she has discovered in her work and how the elements of “queer virtue” can challenge us to rupture false binaries, to “queer” lines that pit people against one another.
- Tomorrow evening as well the African Canadian Caribbean Association (ACCA) is presenting a Black History Month Celebration as part of Winterfest: from 6-8 pm at Auchmar, 88 Fennell Ave W. and includes live performances by Mosa McNeilly, Aisha Nicholson, Klyde Broox and Narret Jamais. Free, with free parking at St. Joseph’s West 5th campus hospital campus.
- Some Oscar Wilde wit for freedom convoys:
- Many thanks to all who participated in the celebration of the past year’s work and planning for the year ahead at last Sunday’s annual meeting 2022 – New Vision’s eighth!
- We will begin in-person worship together at 24 Main W. again commencing next Sunday February 27 with the usual attention to social distancing, vaccination and masking. Our person limit will be 25 people.
- It seems that the currently subsiding omicron variant is not being replaced by any new Covid variant as threatening — we could be able fully to gather as a community again in worship in-person for Easter!
- We will keep you posted.
- Some Black History Month news if you didn’t see this link last week: https://www.insauga.com/one-stop-shop-for-hamilton-black-history-launches-feb-1/
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –