Thur July 29 2021
- We are going to do some friendly community engagement with neighbours on our Holton campus on Saturday, August 14 from 1-3 pm. We’ll have an ice-cream truck, ice cream treats for everyone, some of our property redevelopment partner friends, and our New Vision booth to reintroduce ourselves to our neighbours, share with them who we are now and what we are doing on our MacNab campus. We’ll get to know anyone who drops by and ask them for their thoughts on what we might do in the neighbourhood now that we are beginning to get our feet under us. Everyone is welcome. The ice cream is a treat. Our Ward 3 Councillor Nrinder Nann plans to drop by.
- The African Caribbean Canadian Association celebrates Emancipation Day this Sunday August 1 at 2 pm. Please register via this link or visit us at www.accahamilton.com
- Please feel free to join us in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) for our Sunday morning worship now. We have determined that under the Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings now. Martine joined us at the piano this last Sunday. If you feel ready to venture out to join the 10 or so who were able to be together in-person last Sunday, please come join us. We will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including no congregational singing, hand-washing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing and screening questions on arrival.
- Is New Vision encouraging you to come to the in-person gathering? Encouraging you to continue to join in virtually? We are encouraging you to do both! If more than 25 show up for our in-person gathering, we have an overflow room set up with the zoom meeting digitally projected on a screen there. We’ll adapt as circumstances change.
- We are able to hold a social time after the worship gathering. We plan to have cookies and cold drinks again this Sunday.
- Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, or have yet to get your second vaccination, please consider doing so. Vaccination has clear health benefits for us all as part of the community. It will make attendance at in-person gatherings more safe for all in attendance.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~