Thursday September 8, 2022
While Rev. Ian is on vacation and sabbatical leave, here is what’s going on at New Vision:
- This coming Sunday, September 11th, we look forward to learning more about the important work of our friends at The Hub as Martine shares this week’s message. Dan Peace and other members of New Vision’s community of Faith will lead us in worship.
- The 11th World Council of Churches Assembly that is being held in Karlsruhe, Germany concludes today. We look forward to learning about this wonderful gathering from Rev. Miriam and Rev. Diane when they return to our worship space.
- During Rev. Ian’s vacation and study/sabbatical leave, pastoral care will be available through members of our Pastoral Care Team by contacting Albert Jagt or Erin Poole.
- Rev. Ian was interviewed and images of The Music Hall were featured recently in the Spectator, to view the article, please click here.
- The Music Hall social enterprise project is moving ahead now with an invitation to the Hamilton community and its leaders to pick up the music venue project with us. For more information, have a look at this page on our website.
- Our friends at St. Andrews have invited us to participate in a ‘Garage & Trunk Sale!’ to benefit The Bridge (A Hamilton organization that supports individuals who are settling back into their community following hard times). It will take place on Saturday September 17th from 9am-1pm and the cost to participate is only $10 for a table outdoors or $20 for a table indoors. Payment can be left at their church (479 Upper Paradise) Mon-Fri from 9:30 to noon, or you can send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (More information is available by calling Jessica at 905-383-7411).
- Do you have a favourite worship song that lifts you up and makes your spirit soar? We invite you to email your worship song requests to David at email@example.com We will let you know if your song is picked and you’ll get a shout-out in the credits at the end of the service.
- With a very contagious new COVID sub-variant spreading in Hamilton, we encourage you to get the fourth vaccination now available to all adults. We will continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a meter for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- Rev. Ian’s sabbatical leave will end January 8, 2023 and we look forward to his return to our worship space on Sunday January 15, 2023.
See you on Sunday!