Wed Apr 7 2021
- Happy Easter!
- Christ is risen.
- Follow this link to hear the choir sing the Hallelujah Chorus of Handel again (or for the first time).
- New Vision has been targeted in the last few months by heritage activists for deciding that after extensive study there was no viable future for the Holton Ave. S. building that met our objectives.
- The City Council has given heritage activists and New Vision time to go through the matter again and see if after three years there might now be a way to preserve the building and meet our objectives.
- Our objective is to provide mixed and affordable housing at the Holton Ave. site and a revenue stream to support the model of post-Christendom church we seek to be.
- The Spec has assigned a reporter to the story. You can read his report here.
- The Church Council and Board of Trustees will hold a joint meeting Friday evening to consider how New Vision can help our development partner the United Property Resource Corporation to work effectively on the issue on our behalf, and how we can take care of each other and those who identify with New Vision as a safe space in the community.
- Looking ahead: Our Rockville partners in bringing the Al Zahar family from Syria to Canada as refugees will be joining us for our virtual worship gathering on Sunday, Apr 18 at the usual time of 10:30 am.
- Hamilton is back into the Province of Ontario’s “grey zone”. I am sad to say this means that New Vision folks without access to Zoom will have to wait for a while more to participate in person at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. I know those gathering on Zoom keenly miss those who have been gathering in person. I am looking forward to the day we can meet again in person, and I am sad that this is the second Easter we will not be able to gather in person as a Christian faith community.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
The New Vision Players are on for this week’s worship gathering while I take a week for study. See you soon ~