New Vision Notes Wed July 22 2020
- Calling on people who sew: the Hamilton bylaw requiring the public to wear masks in interior public settings applies to the Resting and Hygiene Centre. Given the circumstances of many guests of the Centre, we cannot assume that they will be masked when they seek entrance. Our plan to ensure everyone who seeks to enter may enter is to have a reusable supply of cloth masks which we will launder and reuse. If you sew, we need your help! Please contact Helen firstname.lastname@example.org or Martine email@example.com if you want to help.
- Home baking individually wrapped is being highly appreciated by the guests of the Resting Centre! Please keep it coming! You can drop it off any day of the week between 5 and 9 pm.
- For updates on New Vision plans in the Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
- Tomorrow evening tune into the third concert in the Music Hall’s “Do Well by Hamilton” Virtual Concert Series. Featured artist Zaki Ibrahim is a South African–Canadian singer-songwriter. Her music blends R&B, soul and jazz. Show streams live at 8 pm. You can get to the stream here: https://www.facebook.com/ZakiIbrahim/
- New Vision will be gathering for worship on Sundays on Zoom throughout the summer and into the fall. We will keep in place our phone network to keep in touch with those who are not able to join us virtually on Sundays. Here is our worship leadership schedule into September:
|Sunday July 26 2020
|Rev Ian Sloan
|Sunday August 2 2020
|Rev Ian Sloan
|Sunday August 9 2020
|Sunday August 16 2020
|Sunday August 23 2020
|“Field Trip” Sunday
|Sunday August 30 2020
|Sunday September 6 2020
|Rev. Lynn Godfrey
|Sunday September 13 2020
- More info coming on “Field Trip” Sunday August 23 in the next edition of New Vision Notes.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.”
Hope to see you on Sunday ~ again, or for the first time.