Wed May 12 2021
- Happy Easter!
- Christ is risen.
- Indeed. We have two more Sundays of the Easter season ahead of us.
- Christ is risen indeed.
- I offer my sympathy to each of you as we grieve the death of Bob Marentette. Bob kept our eyes on the vision as we left St. Giles and Centenary. Through his many gifts Bob helped develop what we hoped would develop at New Vision. Bob died last Thursday evening after a period of declining wellness over the last 4 months. We will celebrate his life and bear witness to the resurrection on Saturday, May 15th at 11 am at the worship gathering at this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86556258281
- We will also be live streaming the worship gathering on the New Vision YouTube channel. If you can’t make the gathering, or if the gathering exceeds 100 participant accounts and you can’t be admitted into the gathering, you can get to the live stream by going to our website’s homepage newvisionunited.org. The link to the live stream will be posted there on Saturday morning. Please share the information about how to get to the live stream as widely as you can.
- We are celebrating Asian Heritage Month for the whole month of May. This Sunday is our ‘feature presentation’ Sunday of Asian Heritage Month. Our Breaking Open the Word will be led by the Asian Heritage Month planning group.
- Saturday Night at the Movies this month will take place on Saturday May 15 at 6 pm. The movie has been chosen by a group of our Asian heritage folks. It is Minari — the story of a Korean family that started a farm in 1980s Arkansas. It was nominated in this year’s Academy Awards for 6 Oscars including best picture, and won the Oscar for best supporting actress. Not sure how we will watch this together but join at this link https://zoom.us/j/92720992834?pwd=MWNOcVVxWUFGOERPT0d4b0pzc0ZHdz09 and we’ll go from there.
- Sunday, May 23 worship will be led by the Worship Committee. Rev. Roni Beharry has accepted our invitation to Break Open the Word. She will be remembered by many New Visioners for giving leadership in our “Starting with Why” and “Ninety Percent of Life” workshops that began our intercultural journey as a faith community. Roni’s theme will be “An Indo-Caribbean Woman’s Faith.”
- All of Ontario, including Hamilton, continues in pandemic lock-down. I am sad to say this means that New Vision folks without access to Zoom will have to wait for a while more to participate in person at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. I know those gathering on Zoom keenly miss those who have been gathering in person. I am looking forward to the day we can meet again in person, and I am sad that this is the second Easter we will not be able to gather in person as a Christian faith community.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~