Fri March 4 2022
- The Sunday before us is the first Sunday of Lent. We will be celebrating communion too because this Sunday is also the first Sunday of the month.
- Pandemic capacity limits have been lifted in Ontario. Each organization in the Province, however, must have a safety plan. New Vision will continue to require masks and screening on entrance to our in-person worship gatherings, and those present must maintain 2 metre distance between each person/household. On one hand, this means our capacity limit for the time being continues to be 25 persons, on the other, we are now able safely to have in-person singing among those present, because they are maintaining the 2 metre distance that remains the recommended distance between individuals for singing.
- For your amusement: The United Church of Canada has caught the “New Vision” buzz: Here is the “United Church of Canada New Vision Statement”
- This evening at 8:30 pm: Everyone Gets A Slice! Affirming Panel: Looking at the LGBTQIA2S+ acronym, which represents an endless diversity of identities and expressions, we acknowledge that some of the people who are represented by these letters often tend to get left out or underserved. Our guest panelists share their stories and expertise to invite us to consider which folks we may not have included in our Affirming programming and educational efforts and take strides to remedy that. Zoom registration required. Come meet these amazing leaders and be inspired!
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –