Thur Mar 10 2022
- The Sunday before us is PIE Sunday!
- (It is also the Second Sunday of Lent.)
- PIE Sunday is the closest Sunday to March 14 – in a decimal approximation, the totally irrational number Pi: 3.14
- As an Affirming ministry of the United Church we celebrate the “peace beyond all understanding” of God through affirming our commitment to being Public, Intentional and Explicit (PIE) in ministry.
- Our Affirmation of Inclusion: We affirm the inclusion of people of every ability, income level, age, race, family type, gender identity and sexual orientation in the ministry, leadership and life of this congregation. We celebrate the gifts and graces of all.
- 2022 PIE theme is: “a slice for everyone.”
- Pandemic capacity limits have been lifted in Ontario. Each organization in the Province, however, must have a safety plan. New Vision will continue to require masks and screening on entrance to our in-person worship gatherings, and those present will maintain 2 metre distance between each person/household to permit in-person singing among those present. This means our capacity limit for the time being continues to be 25 persons.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –