- hrist is risen!
- Christ is risen, indeed! Alleluia!
- We are in Asian Heritage Month – May!
- This Sunday (May 15) you are invited to remain after our worship gathering to work with Rev. Christine Jerrett and your Church Council on updating our New Vision Living Faith Story. Bring a lunch if you are coming in person; you can participate by Zoom as well if you like. We are planning for an hour and a half including lunch.
- Our Breaking Open the Word this Sunday will be a shared initiative by members of the Church Council.
- The Al-Zahra’s, our Syrian refugee family has arrived!
- Supplies of Zatoun Olive Oil and Zatar Spice Blend from Palestine have finally arrived. $25 for an Oil and Spices package. See or contact Dan Peace (email address).
- New Vision is joining in with the pandemic-begun Gore Park Outreach Program on Saturday mornings by providing them use of our kitchen Saturday morning for the hot meal they serve their guests at noon in the Park. We expect they will begin to make use of our kitchen beginning Saturday May 21.
- Public Health still recommends that the best step towards protecting each other is to wear a well-fitted mask, maintain physical distance when possible, staying home if you feel unwell, and ensuring you are fully vaccinated
- Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- People who are uncomfortable masking will be invited to join the worship gathering by Zoom in the lounge at the south-west corner of the addition on MacNab. There is a flat screen television there that we will hook up to a laptop.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –