Fri June 3 2022
- Christ is risen!
- Christ is risen, indeed! Alleluia!
- This Sunday is Pentecost – last Sunday in Eastertide, the big celebration of the infusion of the Holy Spirit.
- It’s Case for Kids down at Bayfront this Sunday too – you might drop by for the festivities in the early afternoon…
- This Sunday is a Pride Sunday at New Vision. We are going to have another in our years and years of empowering annual Pride services. I hope you are able to attend.
- Team opportunity for organizing and staffing a booth shared with other Affirming United Churches at Pride Hamilton Reunited July 8th and 9th, Hamilton Convention Centre. Contact me at this email address with offers to help out.
- We will be celebrating all kinds of things on Sunday, June 19. It will be Father’s Day. It is New Vision’s Eighth Anniversary. It is Indigenous Day of Prayer in the United Church of Canada.
- We will celebrate the covenant between Horseshoe Falls Regional Council, New Vision United Church and me (Rev. Ian) on Sunday, June 26 as part of our Sunday morning worship.
- New Vision is joining in with the pandemic-begun Gore Park Outreach Program on Saturday mornings by providing them use of our kitchen Saturday morning for the hot meal they serve their guests at noon in the Park. They have begun! There will be more news as our pilot project with them develops.
- Public Health still recommends that the best step towards protecting each other is to wear a well-fitted mask, maintain physical distance when possible, staying home if you feel unwell, and ensuring you are fully vaccinated
- Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –