Sat July 30 2022
- At Sunday’s worship gathering – tomorrow – we are honouring Laura Gallagher-Doucette, the 2022 George Soutar Award winner. The Soutar Award winner is the Sanford Gold Medal winner at Emmanuel College each year. She will join us for our worship gathering and break open the word for us.
- On Monday from 2 pm – 3:30 pm, join the Afro Canadian Caribbean Association online for “When the Lion Tells the Story. This event is to inform the public of the vital role that Black Hamiltonians have played in shaping our community while revealing the truths of a history fraught with violence, racism, hardship, and perseverance. This event will illuminate the struggles and triumphs of Black people in Hamilton and area and celebrates the contributions of both famous and lesser-known individuals. Using the theme of people, places and things, this community mapping project will unearth stories of the Black community that has largely been hidden. This event presents a unique opportunity to bring together Black families and the dominant cultural community to teach and learn about the area’s Black History. To register follow this link.
- New Vision was the site of the Hamilton Fringe Festival’s Spark Teen Intensive the past 10 days. It was great to have them in the building.
- The pandemic-begun Gore Park Outreach Program on Saturdays continues.
- With a very contagious new COVID sub-variant spreading in Hamilton, we encourage you to get the fourth vaccination now available to all adults. We will continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –