Thur Apr 28 2022
- Christ is risen!
- Christ is risen, indeed! Alleluia!
- Lots of news this week.
- May is Asian Heritage Month in Canada – and at New Vision!
- Joda will be Breaking Open the Word this Sunday to give us a good start to Asian Heritage month.
- We will also celebrate communion this Sunday.
- Thanks to Dixon for his Breaking Open the Word last Sunday.
- The Al-Zahra’s, our Syrian refugee family is finally arriving! They are landing in Toronto at 4:20 pm on Tuesday May 10! Please contact Karen M if you would like to help us get them settled into their new home.
- Supplies of Zatoun Olive Oil and Zatar spice blend from Palestine have arrived. $25 for an Oil and Spices package. See Dan Peace.
- Case for Kids is taking place in person this year on Sunday June 5th from 10 am-3 pm. Drop by anytime between 10am-3pm to participate! If you or your team isn’t ready to gather in person yet, we understand. You can still participate and complete the walk, run or ride in your own neighborhood. The event feature “grab and go” style refreshments and activities bags for pets and kids.
- New Vision is joining in with the pandemic-begun Gore Park Outreach Program on Saturday mornings by providing them use of our kitchen Saturday morning for the hot meal they serve their guests at noon in the Park. They will begin making use of our kitchen beginning Saturday May 7. I’ll have more information in the weeks ahead.
- All United Church of Canada Ontarians are invited to a pre-election roundtable Sunday May 1st, 2022 held on zoom from 7 to 9 pm (Eastern) on guaranteed livable income, harm reduction, housing, and long term care reform. For more info and for the zoom link click here.
- Public Health still recommends that the best step towards protecting each other is to wear a well-fitted mask, maintain physical distance when possible, staying home if you feel unwell, and ensuring you are fully vaccinated.
- Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- People who are uncomfortable masking will be invited to join the worship gathering by Zoom in the lounge at the south-west corner of the addition on MacNab. There is a flat screen television there that we will hook up to a laptop.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –