Fri Apr 22 2022
- Christ is risen!
- Thank you to everyone who made our Holy Week and Easter celebrations at once moving and so memorable.
- With a provincial election nearing the horizon there are a couple of opportunities to become informed on issues through a social justice lens to be had soon.
- The Basic Income Now campaign is holding a Zoom meet-up across Ontario to dive into actions to take this election to push Basic Income in each riding. Tuesday Apr 26, 7-8 pm. For more info and to register, click here.
- All United Church of Canada Ontarians are invited to a pre-election roundtable Sunday May 1st, 2022 held on zoom from 7 to 9 pm (Eastern) on guaranteed livable income, harm reduction, housing, and long term care reform. For more info and for the zoom link click here.
- Public Health still recommends that the best step towards protecting each other is to wear a well-fitted mask, maintain physical distance when possible, staying home if you feel unwell, and ensuring you are fully vaccinated.
- Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- People who are uncomfortable masking will be invited to join the worship gathering by Zoom in the lounge at the south-west corner of the addition on MacNab. There is a flat screen television there that we will hook up to a laptop.
- New Vision Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, now virtual and in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –