Thur Aug 12 2021
- We are going to say an ice-cream-treat hello to our neighbours and each other on our Holton campus on Saturday, August 14 from 1-3 pm. We’ll have an ice-cream truck, and free ice cream treats for everyone thanks to our property redevelopment partner friends. We’ll set up our New Vision booth to connect again and share with whomever drops by. I hope to see you there!
- We’re calling it “A Summer State of Mind”. Ward 3 Councillor Nrinder Nann plans to drop by and would be delighted to get to know you in person. As you will recall, Nrinder was our 7th anniversary speaker and spoke movingly to us on the theme of community development work that starts from ‘seeing no stranger.’
- We will be following pandemic Step 3 rules: 2 metre physical distancing from others outside of your household if you are without a mask outside. Only as many people as can be accommodated at 2 metre distancing will be allowed in the parking lot at the same time. (We don’t foresee this being a problem, but you never know!)
- This Sunday coming brings us to the threshold of my summer vacation. Watch this space during my time away for worship leadership info during my absence. For pastoral emergencies please reach out to Erin Poole, Dan Peace, or Linda Waugh.
- We are now worshipping live both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually each Sunday morning. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. We have been averaging about 15 people a Sunday in the last few weeks – there is room for more of us! Martine has joined us at the piano in the lower hall. If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival.
- Is New Vision encouraging you to come to the in-person gathering? Encouraging you to continue to join in virtually? We are encouraging you to do either! If more than 25 show up for our in-person gathering, we have an overflow room set up with the zoom meeting digitally projected on a screen there.
- We are also able to hold a social time after the worship gathering. We plan to have cookies and cold drinks again this Sunday.
- Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, or have yet to get your second vaccination, please consider doing so. Vaccination has clear health benefits for us all as part of the community. It will make attendance at in-person gatherings more safe for all in attendance.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~