Thur Sept 23 2021
- From Wesley Urban Ministries: Wow! A big thank you for all your efforts raising funds and awareness for Case for Kids! We are thrilled that we were able to raise just over $90,000 through the Case for Kids Campaign. We can’t thank you enough for your support! New Vision’s team total was $1,650.00!
- With the new vaccine passports anyone with a green health card can print and have their vaccine certificate laminated for free at any branch of the Hamilton Public Library. For more info: https://www.hpl.ca/VaccineCertificates
- A week today, Sept 30, is Canada’s first Truth and Reconciliation Day. Every Child Matters, the Urban Indigenous Circle and Chinook Winds Regional Council of the United Church of Canada invite you to join a Zoom panel with ecumenical Indigenous clergy at 7 pm Mountain Time. This distinguished panel will discuss the history of residential schools, the impact of intergenerational trauma, the recovery of children’s bodies and the ongoing role of Indigenous ministry in the church’s dialogue about reconciliation today. You can register here: https://www.jotform.com/form/212565453975263
- We will be marking Orange Shirt Day as part of our Creation Time worship this Sunday, Sept 26. If you have an Every Child Matters shirt, please come to worship wearing it. If you have anything orange, make it part of our worship on Sunday. Matthew Green flyers and lawn signs probably not, however.
- Some news on the Music Hall at New Vision front. The organ console is being moved down from its place in the choir loft onto a purpose-built moveable cart that will sit on the main floor of the Hall. When the 1500 lb organ console came to Centenary new in 2004 it was designed to function in this sort of arrangement. The place where it has been will be made good and become part of the permanent stage in a flexible stage design. When done, I’ll share photos here.
- After 13 years with a youth centre at 24 Main W, we are bidding adieu to The Space, which will be moving out November 1. We are closing in now on beginning the renovations to 24 Main W. in the weeks ahead. We will begin rearranging our own use of space in the building to accommodate the planned renovation work.
- Broadview Magazine: It is time to renew your subscription to Broadview magazine (formerly United Church Observer) If you don’t already subscribe, now would be a good time to start! Annual subscriptions, or renewals are only $25. You may drop your subscription money off in person at New Vision to Arlene Whatmough on Sunday mornings or leave it in the Mailbox at the MacNab Street entrance, in an envelope addressed to her attention. You can also renew or start your new subscription at broadview.org/subscription/.
- We are now worshipping live both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually each Sunday morning. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival.
- Is New Vision encouraging you to come to the in-person gathering? Encouraging you to continue to join in virtually? We are encouraging you to do either! If more than 25 show up for our in-person gathering, we have an overflow room set up with the zoom meeting digitally projected on a screen there.
- We are also able to hold a social time after the worship gathering. We plan to have cookies and cold drinks again this Sunday.
- Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, or have yet to get your second vaccination, please consider doing so. Vaccination has clear health benefits for us all as part of the community. It will make attendance at in-person gatherings more safe for all in attendance.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~