Thur June 1 2023
- In the Key of ARRR!: This Saturday June 3rd at 7:30pm, A La Mode Choir (this is Martine’s choir that did the gospel concert back in the fall) will be presenting a concert upstairs in the Music Hall! Prepare to set sail at our choral concert filled with treasures! Sea Shanties, folk songs, moving ballads, and of course some laughs will delight the senses and inspire the adventurer in you! Tickets are $30 and you can buy them at the door.
- We will celebrate Pride month with the rest of the United Church this Sunday, June 4. We are pleased to have Ward 2 Councillor Cameron Kroetsch join us and speak to us that day. Councillor Kroetsch accepted our invitation to be our anniversary speaker on some Sunday during our anniversary month of June. Sunday June 4 it is! We look forward to his presence.
- June is Wesley Urban Ministries’ Case for Kids month. The annual walk takes place on Sunday June 4 in the early afternoon. Wesley has created a video to help promote Case for Kids, which raises funds for Wesley’s children youth and family programs. This is the link to the video!.
- Tottering Bi-Ped Theatre presents “Hearing ‘Portraits at an Exhibition’” in our Lower Hall during Hamilton Arts Week June 8-17. FREE. Two performances: one on Thursday, June 15 at 2 pm, the other on Saturday June 17 at 8 pm. From Tottering Bi-Ped: “Mimi Han and Trevor Copp have a challenge: you may listen to Classical music, but do you actually hear it? How many minutes at the Symphony pass before you are thinking about your to-do list at home, or wondering about dinner? We know this is incredible music, but what can we do to actually keep our heads into the sound? Drawing from their opposing experiences with Music, Mimi and Trevor conduct a series of experiments to provoke new ways of hearing. Working with Mussorgski’s ‘Portraits at an Exhibition,’ we will move, smell, see, and feel our way through the music to see if we can find a deeper experience of listening to music.”
- Community Spotlight: Mental Health Services in Hamilton. Thursday, June 15th 2023 – 1:00 – 3:00 PM Christ’s Church Cathedral – 252 James St. North. This is a free event open to the community. Tickets are free but registration is encouraged to anticipate numbers. Please register here. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an increase in demand for mental health programs and services, specifically in the Hamilton region.. Please join us to learn from a panel of experts about Mental Health Services, the mental health environment and referral systems in Hamilton.
- Hamilton Fringe Festival is recruiting Volunteers! We’re so grateful for the lively energy and sense of community our volunteers bring to the table! With complete control over your schedule and various roles to choose from, everyone can find a way to become an important part of the Fringe family. Sign-ups will be accepted on a rolling basis; but the sooner you sign up, the more likely you’ll get the shifts you want! Sign up now by filling out this form. Our team will contact you in the following weeks with more details! Please feel free to share any questions or concerns with Abigail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
I look forward to seeing you Sunday again, or for the first time –