Thur May 18 2023
- Christ is risen!
- Christ is risen indeed!
- This Sunday is the concluding Sunday of the season of Easter — the Day of Pentecost! It is also our Asian Heritage Month focus Sunday with leadership from Jen, Joda, Joey and Jie. If James gets involved, it’s a 5J thing.
- In the Key of ARRR!: On Saturday June 3rd at 7:30pm, A La Mode Choir (this is Martine’s choir that did the gospel concert back in the fall) will be presenting a concert upstairs in the Music Hall. Prepare to set sail at our choral concert filled with treasures! Sea Shanties, folk songs, moving ballads, and of course some laughs will delight the senses and inspire the adventurer in you! Tickets are $30 and will be available after service this coming Sunday.
- We would love to have some volunteers from New Vision to sell baked goods and bottled water during intermission at the concert. If you are interested in this, please speak to Martine! Thank you for your support!
- We will celebrate Pride month with the rest of the United Church on the first Sunday of June, June 4. We are pleased to have Ward 2 Councillor Cameron Kroetsch join us and speak to us that day. Councillor Kroetsch accepted our invitation to speak on some Sunday during our anniversary month of June. Sunday June 4 was most convenient for him. We look forward to his participation!
- June is Wesley Urban Ministries’ Case for Kids month. The annual walk takes place on Sunday June 4 in the early afternoon. Wesley has created a video to help promote Case for Kids, which raises funds for Wesley’s children youth and family programs. This is the link to the video!
- From the Al Zahra family on our celebration with them of their first year in Canada on May 7: “Thank you very much Karen and everyone who contributed to this wonderful ceremony and to my sponsors and the church and the Church of America and also thank you for the delicious food you are very good people and I hope that you and my family will send many thanks to the church and my sponsors and the Church of America and everyone who contributed to this wonderful ceremony It’s a beautiful day. Marwan”
- Please take a moment to learn about Affirm United’s United Against Hate Campaign in support of Drag and 2SLGBTQ+ communities at this link. The link gives you an opportunity to sign a petition.
- We continue our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
- The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- Christ is risen indeed!
I look forward to seeing you Sunday again, or for the first time –