|Thur Mar 4 20211.
1. We will be celebrating communion this Sunday, March 7, the third Sunday of Lent. Have some food and drink at hand to commune in virtual space and real time.
2. Two Sundays from now, March 14 we will hold our first Affirming PIE Day. PIE = Public. Intentional. Explicit. These are the standards we seek to hold ourselves and our welcome to as an affirming and inclusive community. March 14 is a chance to serve some pie and roll out the PIE by celebrating the full inclusion of LGBTQIA+ and Two Spirit people in faith communities and beyond across Canada. PIE, anyone?
3. If you hadn’t noticed, this Sunday coming up will be the 52nd Sunday since we ceased gathering at 24 Main W for our Sunday worship.
4. Even though Hamilton has moved into the Province of Ontario’s “red zone” the New Vision Church Council prefers not to participate in potentially virus-spreading activities in the community. I am sad to say this means that New Vision folks without access to Zoom will have to wait for a while more to participate in person at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. I know those gathering on Zoom keenly miss those who have been gathering in person. I am looking forward to the day we can meet again in person.
5. New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
6. You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
7. For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.Hope to see you Sunday – again, or for the first time ~