Thur Feb 25 2021
1. Join in New Vision’s Saturday Night at the Movies, this Saturday. Feb. 27 at 7 pm, in recognition of Black History Month. We will be watching “Journey to Justice”, a film paying tribute to a group of Canadians who took racism to court. They are Canada’s unsung heroes in the fight for Black civil rights. Their stories deserve to be told. Join in using the following link: https://zoom.us/j/93558790014?pwd=cUl1VUhKdllEQ3NieUpnbWlkNWJ5QT09 . Presented by the Affirming Committee, with discusssion to follow this 50 min. long film.
2. It has been a while since I’ve shared updates from the Music Hall at New Vision initiative. Of course the pandemic has halted all kinds of congregate gathering performances and performances in the Music Hall are no exception. We have been carrying on gathering broader community notice for the Music Hall while we figure out what the mid-term holds for our initiative.
3. Our Heritage Designation at 24 Main W by the City has meant that we have been granted funding for our heritage architect consultants to assess the impact of the renovations we plan for the building on the designated heritage attributes of the building. The Heritage Property Grant Program is also funding about 45% of the cost of our new boiler.
4. We recently were awarded an Investment Readiness Program (IFP) grant to help us put together the governance and operating structure of the Music Hall. If you follow this link and either keep clicking your mouse pointer to zoom in on Hamilton on the map, or type “New Vision” into the organization box below the map, you will get to the public details of our award. The IRP program provides grants to “social purpose organizations” like us to help us ready ourselves to obtain impact investment loans to help fund our start up. You can learn more about the IRP Canada-wide federal program at the same link.
5. This IRP grant will support work by the Music Hall project that complements our New Vision intercultural relationship currency design project.
6. Even though Hamilton has moved into the Province of Ontario’s “red zone” the New Vision Church Council prefers not to participate in potentially virus-spreading activities in the community. I am sad to say this means that New Vision folks without access to Zoom will have to wait for a while more to participate in person at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. I know those gathering on Zoom keenly miss those who have been gathering in person. I am looking forward to the day we can meet again in person.
7. New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
8. You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
9. For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you Sunday – again, or for the first time ~