Thur Nov 25 2021
- Advent! And then Christmas! This Sunday is our first of four Advent Sundays: the beginning of a new Christian year.
- This Sunday we will ready ourselves for the International Day for People with Disabilities. The annual International Day for People with Disabilities occurs on December 3.
- Church Calendars for 2022 are now available as a fundraiser for New Vision. Please order yours from Arlene Whatmough at 905-527-0383, and she will make arrangements for delivery. $10. Each and a nice gift to give.
- Some tremendous volunteers have taken up the flooring in the former Centenary sanctuary – the Music Hall – as the next step in our social enterprise project. We are planning another work bee for Sunday afternoon, December 5. Come for worship, bring a bag lunch, then we’ll be clearing out furnishings and contents excess to our needs throughout 24 Main W and disposing of them by dumpster, sale or donation. We will also be finishing up removal of the flooring in the Music Hall and making the remaining subfloor good to be walked on.
- We are worshipping in a hybrid way — both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually on Zoom each Sunday morning live at 10:30 am. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival. You may be asked if you are double vaccinated but will not be asked for a vaccination passport. If you wish not to answer the question or indicate you have not been vaccinated, you will be invited to accept the use of an N95 mask since it will provide more safety for you and for others attending in person. Entrance will be through the entrance in the middle of the MacNab Street addition. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning: come virtually!
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~