Thur Nov 18 2021
- Thanks to everyone who participated and gave leadership in recognizing Trans Day of Remembrance this past Sunday. Trans Day of Remembrance occurs Nov 20 each year, so the actual day, Saturday, is still ahead of us this week.
- We’ll be holding our Threshold Partner Commitment Renewal worship gathering this Sunday, Nov 21.
- Here’s our description of Threshold Partnership.
- Our Threshold Partnership practice calls us to renew our Threshold Partner affirmations and commitments once a year. We missed last year because of the pandemic.
- Affirmation is the most important part of our Threshold Partnership. If you have come three or four Sundays, we want you to know we affirm you.
- Thus we strive to invite newcomers to become a Threshold Partner after you have attended 3 or 4 of our worship gatherings
- Ideally we keep track and ensure that everyone who is currently a Threshold Partner wants to continue as one for the upcoming year.
- This year we will be sending out email notices to those who are Threshold Partners inviting them to renew their commitment for the upcoming year and to attend our worship gathering on November 21 to participate in our annual renewal of the Partnership.
- We’ll try to connect in the days ahead directly with newcomers who have not yet been introduced in a personal way to our Threshold Partnership practice with an invitation to join. If we don’t get to you before Nov 21 we will be in touch. People can become Threshold Partners at any time during the year. As well, those who might have decided not to continue as a Threshold Partner in prior years can commit to being one again for the year ahead.
- Advent is coming! And then Christmas! Next Sunday, Nov 28 is the first Sunday of Advent. We will be recognizing the International Day for People with Disabilities. The International Day for People with Disabilities occurs on December 3 of each year.
- Church Calendars for 2022 are now available as a Fundraiser for New Vision. Please order yours from Arlene Whatmough at 905-527-0383, and she will make arrangements for delivery. $10. Each and a nice gift to give.
- We are worshipping in a hybrid way — both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually on Zoom each Sunday morning live at 10:30 am. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival. You may be asked if you are double vaccinated but will not be asked for a vaccination passport. If you wish not to answer the question or indicate you have not been vaccinated, you will be invited to accept the use of an N95 mask since it will provide more safety for you and for others attending in person. Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning: come virtually!
- With the new vaccine certificate protocol anyone with a green health card can print and have their vaccine certificate laminated for free at any branch of the Hamilton Public Library. For more info: https://www.hpl.ca/VaccineCertificates
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~