- The Civil Rights Movement was birthed out of the Church with the support of many faith based groups. That is why the organizations that form Black Hamilton are calling on faith based groups in Hamilton to join the “Songs of Hope Rally in Support of our Black Community” in the face of longstanding systemic Anti-Black Racism in Canada on Sunday Oct 4, 2020 at 5 pm, Hamilton City Hall Forecourt. Organized by the Centre for Community Engaged Narrative Arts and the Ubuntu Music Collaborative. Given the current restriction of out-door gatherings to 25 people at most, I will confirm if the event is going forward when I hear.
- You can watch the Do Well by Hamilton capital campaign for the Music Hall at New Vision launch video anytime at dowellbyhamilton.ca, the campaign website.
- New Vision’s primary role in the capital campaign is to build social capital through an intercultural consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities. We hope the result will be a network of empowered people who have been marginalized to contribute to programming at the Music Hall at New Vision guided by a Music Hall social enterprise charter. You will be hearing more about this consultation in the weeks ahead as the fall gets going.
- We will celebrate world-wide communion this Sunday, Oct 4. We are going to maintain our virtual worship gathering on Sundays as they are for the time being into the future. We will work in the weeks ahead on developing an accessibility option at 24 Main West in which those who cannot join our virtual worship gathering elsewhere can join the virtual gathering from 24 Main West. We will keep in place our phone network to share with such folks the distancing and hygiene protocols we will implement in a few weeks time.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you on Sunday – again, or for the first time!
Dennis Sendyowa telling part of the capital campaign story and introducing shn shn at the capital campaign launch last Friday evening.