Wed Apr 13 2022
1. Tomorrow is Maundy Thursday. We will gather for our Maundy Thursday service at 7 pm in the Music Hall. This will be an in-person gathering only. Wine and bread only will be served and the commandment to love one another observed in participants washing each other’s feet as Jesus did. Entrance to the building will be from the exterior door under the sign at the corner of Main and MacNab.
2. We will have a short Good Friday gathering on Zoom at 11 am on Friday, April 15. The link will be the usual Sunday morning link (see below). This is a zoom gathering only.
3. Good Friday Walk for Social Justice Hamilton 2022 Date: Friday April 15, 1 PM Meeting Place: New Vision United Church (enter through red pillared doors on MacNab). Coinciding with the Holy day of Good Friday celebrated in the Christian tradition, this journey towards social justice will process through the downtown core to 8 sites: New Vision United Church (NVUC), Gore Park, Living Rock, Hamilton Farmers’ Market, The Hub, Former SJM, City Hall, Central PS Peace Garden, YWCA, and conclude at NVUC. For more info follow this link.
4. Easter in-person and on Zoom at 10:30 am Easter Day. We will be celebrating communion.
5. Public Health still recommends that the best step towards protecting each other is to wear a well-fitted mask, maintain physical distance when possible, staying home if you feel unwell, and ensuring you are fully vaccinated.
6. Here our current in-person gathering approach: i) we will form the circle again in the lower hall, distancing the seats by a metre for the time being. ii) people may join the circle if they are willing to wear a mask.
7. The reason for the masks is that we will allow ourselves to sing, and masking reduces the distance air we expel travels with the increased effort singing.
8. People who are uncomfortable masking will be invited to join the worship gathering by Zoom in the lounge at the south-west corner of the addition on MacNab. There is a flat screen television there that we will hook up to a laptop.
9. New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
10. You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday again, or for the first time –