Wed Dec 16 2020
- New Vision gathers for our Service of Remembrance and Hope this evening, December 16th, at 7 pm. Here is the link to the virtual gathering spot in Zoom for the service.
- We won’t do an in-person gathering at the church for the Service of Remembrance and Hope.
- The past 10 months have had an extraordinary effect on us, bringing us unusual grief and losses. Our gathering will enable us to share courage with each other in the midst of the pandemic’s deprivations. Everyone is welcome.
- If you have photo of your Christmas tree – past or present – please send it to us here at email@example.com and we’ll make it part of our Sunday worship gatherings in the weeks ahead.
- We will gather for our Christmas Eve service at 7 pm in this virtual gathering spot. Given the strong indications that we will be in pandemic lockdown, we are, sadly, not planning to include an in-person gathering at the church for this worship time together.
- JR Digs Acoustic Christmas Special: Many things have changed this year, and even though we can’t host the same live concert that you know and love, we still have a great night planned – it’s the JR DiGs Acoustic Christmas Special! Go to this link to learn more about this Dec 23 at 7 pm live streaming special produced in the Music Hall at New Vision, and spread the word — this year’s concert is in part a fundraiser for the Music Hall renovations.
- New Vision folks without access to Zoom are continuing to attend our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays in person at 24 Main W. Because attendees are at a religious gathering, pandemic health orders allow us to have 10 people together, when at present in all other circumstances gatherings are limited to 5 people.
- If you are interested in attending the in-person gathering, please be in touch with New Vision by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The gathering will observe all the best practices for hygiene, screening, and sanitation.
- We were the target this week of an email scam. The scammer created an fraudulent email address for “Rev. Dr. Ian Sloan” email@example.com. If you received an email from this email address, please follow these instructions Gmail gives for anyone who receives fraudulent email from a gmail.com address.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you Sunday — and this evening at 7 pm.