Wed Dec 23 2020
1.You’ll find New Vision’s Christmas Eve At Home beginning at 7 pm on Christmas Eve in this virtual gathering spot. I’ll look forward to seeing you!
2. We’ll start the evening with a variety show, carol sing, and party games and then share in Christmas Eve worship with readings, songs and communion.
3. Given that we are in pandemic lockdown, we are, sadly, not able to host an in-person gathering at the church for this community time on Christmas Eve together.
4. Prepare some food and beverage for yourself for the party and then for communion. Bring paper and pen too for one of the party games!
5. Cater and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. It has been an extraordinary year, unrelenting in its challenges since March. We know ourselves blessed to be in this community. We’re privileged to offer to it some of its leadership. Our hope is that 2021 be better for us all, especially those most harmed by the pandemic.
6. The Church Council has let me know that our Designing New Vision’s Relationship Currency Project now has a Steering Group: Joda Kuk, Joey Ruiz, Dennis Sendyowa, Miriam Spies, Bernie Thompson and me. The Group’s mandate is to coordinate the New Vision Threshold Partners in achieving the objectives of the Project. You’ll hear more about and from the Group early in the new year.
7. Year-end contributions to our “Just Saying” campaign can be made by e-transfer to email@example.com. Please identify yourself in the message and that the contribution is for “Just Saying.” E-transfers to this address are automatically deposited into the New Vision bank account.
8. It’s a wrap – literally! Right until the very last day, Wesley Urban Ministries staff & volunteers worked tirelessly (and safely) to pack & deliver 2764 Holiday Hampers heaped with food & gifts. Wesley thanks all for the true community effort, helping families, seniors & the homeless. If you’re on facebook, here’s the direct link for you to like and share this message: https://www.facebook.com/wesley.urban.ministries/posts/4071959446165151
9. Because of the lock-down New Vision folks without access to Zoom have to suspend in-person participation at 24 Main W in our Zoom worship gathering on Sundays. We continue to connect with many who do not have the ability to connect to our Zoom gatherings by phone.
10. New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
11. You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
12. For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you on Christmas Eve and on Christmas 1 this coming Sunday – again, or for the first time!