- You may have noticed in the news in the last few days that the province is permitting faith communities to gather in-person again across the province beginning this Friday. Anticipating that in-person worship will look much different in the restart ahead, New Vision Church Council struck a Team New Vision ad hoc group to give leadership to issues such as this and others that are emerging from the lock-down period. The group is working on the issues presenting themselves to us. The short answer to the question of when? Is “when we are ready.” We will carry on as we are for the time being. Team New Vision is Helen, Dixon, George and Ian.
- This Sunday the Threshold Partners will be meeting in a Zoom meeting after the worship gathering. It will take place in a different Zoom room than the virtual worship gathering. Threshold Partners will be receiving a separate reminder of the meeting in another email note.
- Looking ahead, on June 18 from 6 to 7:30 pm, join the Disability Justice Network of Ontario, Keeping 6, HAMSMaRT (that’s Hamilton Social Medicine and Resource Team), Kyle’s Place, SWAP (the Sex Workers Action Program), and Strathcona Mutual Aid in conversation about what mutual aid means to us, and where we go next. COVID-19 has illuminated the many ways that racism, colonization, capitalism, ableism, and other forms of violence intersect to harm people and communities. However it has also opened a window to imagine and create communities where we collectively care for each other. To join, get your FREE ticket online: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hamilton-mutual-aid-webinar-tickets-107735166784?ref=estw
- New Vision’s sixth anniversary worship gathering takes place on Sunday June 21. Our guest speakers will be coordinators and physician consultant of our Resting and Hygiene Centre for People Sleeping Rough.
- This past Sunday our annual Pride worship gathering took place. The Affirming Committee put together a rich service for us that included videos, special music, an inspired play and a from-the-margins service of the table. Thanks to the many who made this a special gathering. I am inserting the White Board drawings people did during the exchange of peace to inspire you.
- The Pastoral Care Committee has prepared a COVID-19 spiritual care resource. Many thanks to Erin for giving shape to this. You can download it by clicking on this link.
- Martine our Music Leader is asking everyone to please consider taking a picture or quick video of themselves (15 seconds or less) sharing a message of hope, resilience and/or faith to make part of the New Vision Choir’s anthem for our sixth anniversary on Sunday, June 21. Send it to her at email@example.com. Deadline (absolute latest!) Sunday June 14.
- The Music Hall at New Vision is launching its Virtual Concert Series during Hamilton Arts Week. The first concert will take place on June 18, and will be streamed live on the Music Hall Facebook Page. Please follow this link to learn more about DJ Shub of A Tribe Called Red, grandfather of the Pow Wow Step. You can also watch a DJ Shub music video, Black Snakes, here.
- Home baking individually wrapped is being highly appreciated by the guests at the Resting and Hygiene Centre! Keep it coming!
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.”
Hope to see you Sunday ~