Wed Oct 21 2020
- Virtual Worship Gathering homework this week for your part in developing a New Vision intersectional, intercultural practice of gracious leadership: Take a moment and write down what you have noticed as the biggest change(s) in Hamilton over the last five years, or, if you haven’t lived in Hamilton 5 or more years, ways in which Hamilton is different from a community in which you have previously lived. We’ll use break-out rooms to practice mutual invitation with our sharing of our responses to these questions this Sunday.
- Our Church Council Chair Bob Marentette has called a meeting of the Threshold Partners for Sunday, Nov 1 after our worship gathering. The meeting is being convened as a check-in/temperature taking on how we all are doing in this time, and to advance the development of our holy currencies through building on our plans for intercultural and intersectional consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities and their creatives and activists. We’ll take a five minute break after the worship gathering for you to serve yourself lunch when we start the meeting up. Hope you’ll prepare your lunch in advance.
- We will be inviting New Vision folks without access to Zoom to attend our Zoom worship gathering and Threshold Partner meeting on Nov 1 in person at 24 Main W. We’ll observe all the best practices for hygiene, screening, and sanitation. If you would like to be put on a list as a potential attendee of this gathering, please respond to this email with your interest. Whether or not we will be able to accommodate interest in attending the in-person gathering depends on the response we get.
- We are going to maintain our virtual worship gathering on Sundays as they are for the time being. We are working on accessibility for those who cannot access Zoom. We keep in place our phone network to sustain our faith across the digital divide. We admit we miss those we don’t see.
- The Resting and Hygiene Centre requests donations of winter hats and gloves for guests. Also, winter coats and boots are needed. Helen Bradley (email@example.com) can pick up from people’s homes if that helps.
- A New Vision Virtual Lectio Divina prayer group is gathering weekly on Thursdays at 4 pm for an hour beginning tomorrow. You can join it by following this link. If you are interested in being part of an on-line prayer group during the week, and another time of day and day is better for you please get in touch with me by responding to this email note. We’ll see what we can organize. Here is a link to material describing lectio divina as a spiritual practice.
- You are invited to join this Sunday’s amazing celebration of Black Women at the 2020 special edition of Women Who Rock. 29 Black women have been nominated for the Women Who Rock Awards. Get dressed up and join in for a special virtual gala presentation of the 2020 Women Who Rock Awards. Get your tickets here.
- New Vision’s role in the campaign for the Music Hall at New Vision is to develop relationship currency for the social enterprise through an intercultural and intersectional consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities with whom we will develop a cultural benefits memorandum, and codify the Music Hall’s role in providing those benefits with embedding a social enterprise charter in our social enterprise governance and operating structure. We continued our prepatory work for the consultation last Sunday, when we took in an overview the Kaleidoscope Institutes’ idea of the circulation of the blessings of holy currencies, and then focused in on the “currency of relationships,’ the “currency of truth,” and the “currency of wellness.” Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in shaping and leading this important work.
- You can watch the Do Well by Hamilton capital campaign launch video for the Music Hall at New Vision anytime at dowellbyhamilton.ca, the campaign website.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is:?https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
- For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you on Sunday – again, or for the first time!