Thurs Oct 15 2020
1. Here is a terrific video introduction to Caremongerers Hamont that describes their application of the principles of mutual aid. The Caremongerers will be picking up their food delivery program again at the end of October in our Lower Hall.
2. Our Church Council Chair Bob Marentette has called a meeting of the Threshold Partners for Sunday, Nov 1 after our worship gathering. The meeting is being convened as a check-in/temperature taking on how we all are doing in this time, and to advance the development of our Music Hall social enterprise through working on our plans for intercultural consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities and their creatives about programming policy for the venue.
3. We will be inviting New Vision folks without access to Zoom to attend our Zoom worship gathering and Threshold Partner meeting on Sunday Nov 1 in person at 24 Main W. We’ll observe all the best practices for hygiene, screening, and sanitation. If you would like to be put on a list as a potential attendee of this gathering, please respond to this email with your interest. Whether or not we will be able to accommodate interest in attending the in-person gathering depends on the number of responses we get.
4. The Resting and Hygiene Centre continues in its fond appreciation for baked goods and other snacks you provide to it to share with its guests. Please contact Martine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen (email@example.com) for assistance with getting baking to the Centre.
5. New Vision’s role in the capital campaign for the Music Hall at New Vision is to develop relational currency for the social enterprise through an intercultural consultation with Hamilton’s diverse communities with whom we will develop a cultural benefits memorandum, and codify the Music Hall’s role in providing those benefits with embedding a social enterprise charter in our social enterprise governance and operating structure. We continued our prepatory work for the consultation last Sunday, when we took in an overview of the Kaleidoscope Institutes’ idea of relational currency. You can watch the full 20 minute video here. Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in shaping and leading this important work. We will work together on this.
6. You can watch the Do Well by Hamilton capital campaign launch video for the Music Hall at New Vision anytime at dowellbyhamilton.ca, the campaign website.
7. We are going to maintain our virtual worship gathering on Sundays as they are for the time being. We are working on accessibility for those who cannot access Zoom. We keep in place our phone network to sustain our faith across the digital divide. We admit we miss those we don’t see.
8. New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
9. You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 855 703 8985, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
10. For updates on New Vision plans in the post Covid-19 emergency recovery, please visit http://newvisionunited.org/new-vision-covid-19-updates/.
Hope to see you on Sunday – again, or for the first time!