Thur Nov 4 2021
- This Sunday will include our Armistice Day remembrances. We will also be celebrating communion.
- Sunday Nov 14 we are recognizing Trans Day of Remembrance during our service with a special presentation. Trans Day of Remembrance occurs Nov 20 each year.
- We’ll be holding our Threshold Partner Commitment Renewal worship gathering on Sunday Nov 21.
- Here’s our description of Threshold Partnership.
- The pandemic set us off course in our efforts to develop this unique way of naming and being a part of and growing together as the New Vision faith community.
- We have been focused in the last 18 months on reaching out to people and sustaining connections against the stresses of social distancing and lock downs. As we all know we experienced ups and downs in this.
- Our Threshold Partnership practice calls us to renew our Threshold Partner affirmations and commitments once a year. We missed last year.
- Ideally we keep track and ensure that everyone who is currently a Threshold Partner wants to continue as one for the upcoming year.
- Affirmation is the most important part of our Threshold Partnership. If you have come three or four Sundays, we want you to know we affirm you.
- Thus we strive to invite you to become a Threshold Partner after you have attended 3 or 4 of our worship gatherings
- This year we will be sending out email notices to those who are Threshold Partners inviting them to renew their commitment for the upcoming year and to attend our worship gathering on November 21 to participate in our annual renewal of the Partnership.
- We’ll try to connect in the days ahead directly with newcomers who have not yet been introduced in a personal way to our Threshold Partnership practice with an invitation to join.
- 15 Days of Action…Stop the Sprawl is offering ideas to participate in the final days of the campaign through to November 9th when City Council debates the Urban Boundary Expansion Proposals at their website here.
- If you’d like to dance…Open Hearts Theatre https://www.openheartartstheatre.com is holding a dance class in the lower hall on Wednesdays at 1:30 pm. This is for everyone. Entrance through the east alley door into the lower hall.
- We are worshipping in a hybrid way — both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually on Zoom each Sunday morning live at 10:30 am. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival. You may be asked if you are double vaccinated but will not be asked for a vaccination passport. If you wish not to answer the question or indicate you have not been vaccinated, you will be invited to accept the use of an N95 mask since it will provide more safety for you and for others attending in person. Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning: come virtually!
- With the new vaccine certificate protocol anyone with a green health card can print and have their vaccine certificate laminated for free at any branch of the Hamilton Public Library. For more info: https://www.hpl.ca/VaccineCertificates
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~