Thur Oct 7 2021
- Thanksgiving is but days away now. How quickly it has come.
- We are worshipping live both in-person on our MacNab campus (24 Main W) and virtually each Sunday morning. Under Step 3 rules we can have up to 25 people in-person at our worship gatherings. There is room for more of us if you’d like to come! If you feel ready to venture out to join in, we will be following all the prescribed protocols for Step 3, including hand-sanitizing, face-masks, 2 metre physical distancing, no congregational singing, and screening questions on arrival. Entrance will be through the Youth Centre entrance on MacNab Street. If you have any symptoms of illness, please plan not to attend in person on Sunday morning.
- With the new vaccine certificate protocol anyone with a green health card can print and have their vaccine certificate laminated for free at any branch of the Hamilton Public Library. For more info: https://www.hpl.ca/VaccineCertificates
- Toronto United Church Council’s (TUCC) annual Heart & Vision Awards Concert recognizes individuals whose work advances social justice. In 2021, the awards will be presented to Ekua Asabea Blair and Lawrence Hill who, through their community and literary work, address the roots and contemporary reality of systemic racism in Canada, and offer us all an alternative vision of love and hope. Please join TUCC for a free online celebration at 7 pm on Monday, October 18 featuring the music of Jackie Richardson, Billy Newton-Davis and Julie Michels. Featuring a special appearance by Poet Laureate George Elliot Clarke. Register at https://heartandvision2021.cato receive the event link.
- New Vision Virtual Worship is experiential, participatory, image-rich and collective, just like worship in person at New Vision! Join us on Sunday mornings 10:30 am week to week during the Covid-19 emergency by clicking here. If you want to put the link someplace easy to find each week, here it is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/782292511. Please share it with others and invite them to a “different” kind of time on Zoom from the usual.
- You can also call in to the gathering on the telephone toll free. Call 1 647 374 4685, then, when prompted, input the Meeting ID 782 292 511 followed by the # sign. Ignore the prompts for Participant ID and Password. You are in when the recorded voice says, “You are in the meeting.” If you can only connect by video on your computer with no audio, you can use the phone connection for audio and the computer connection for visual.
Hope to see you Sunday ~ again, or for the first time ~